Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Assignment

I was request to do an assignment: read and review a book. It wasn't a long book, but my mind wasn't into it. I keep rereading the same line over and over while my thoughts escape to other place and time far away from that story printed in those pages. I decided to go outside and read under the big tree where an old park bench invited me to relax beside the murmuring of the lake. Sitting there I could feel the calming breeze and the beautiful twinkling of the water under the sun of the spring. I decided to start my task with a big breath. I looked for that elusive line hoping to find its meaning when I noticed that the words moved, subtle, but they moved with the breeze. 
With scientific curiosity, I changed the position of the book, in a way that the pages could face the breeze directly and this time not a breeze, but a respectable wind blew away half of them. I looked to the book that I have to return next day with new white pages and in my desperation I ran to catch those elusive words that were flying away with the win. I managed to catch some of them and start to put them in the pockets of my jacket. But I forgot the book over the bench and after another gust of wind more words escaped riding on it. I went back to close the book now with half empty pages. I looked around and I could see all the words scattered around the tree, grass and even settling on the sparkling water of the lake.  I gather all the words I could find and put them in my pockets. Then I took my jacket, cover the book with it to avoid more blowing words and jumped to the lake, hoping to fish the rest. I saw one sinking steps away  from me so I had no option but dive. On the button more words were lying with delicate dancing as the current of the tide. A fish confused my words with its food and I had to fight with it for them. Finally I get out of the lake and went inside the house with a bunch of disorganised wet words and an empty book. The next day, when all were finally dry, I returned the all the words I could recover into the book and wait some minutes. Then I opened the book and for my relief everything looks fine, but I could never find that first elusive line I couldn't finish reading the day before. Instead it seems that a new story was printed. And what I read that day was so amazing and magic and entertainment that I couldn't stop reading till the last page, the last line and the last word. So, I decided to do that again with every book that got into my hands. And it was then that people started to call me writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Translator


It is your same moon, but upside down.

Tag

abandono (1) adios (1) alas (1) almas (2) amantes (3) amor (13) amore (1) amro (1) angel (1) arena (1) assignment (1) astrologia (1) baby (1) bocas (1) book (1) breakheart (1) Chris Van Allsburg (1) clandestin (1) come back (1) competition (1) corazon (2) corazon roto (1) cruz (1) cultura (1) dancing (1) dark (1) dealing (1) destino (1) dios (1) dream (1) egipto (1) elixir (1) empanadas (1) ending (1) english (2) espanol (1) esperar (1) espiritualidad (1) fantasy (1) following (1) future (1) gods (1) haiku (4) half room (1) heart (1) heartbreak (1) hebeblue (1) humanity (1) jesus (1) journalism (1) journey (1) juntos (1) love (10) lullaby (1) luz (1) magia (1) magic (1) mancias (1) mar (1) medio ambiente (1) meditacion (1) memories (1) moon (1) mother (1) mysteries (1) noche (1) Orinoquía (1) paisaje (1) paranormal (2) parent (1) park (1) partir. (1) photographer (1) poem (1) pride (1) psicologia (1) recuerdos (1) regreso (1) relaciones (1) relatiomship (2) relationship (2) relationships (1) religion (2) religion. (1) repulgue (1) roomates (1) runner (1) salteña (1) ser (2) shadow (1) snow (1) sombra (1) spanglish (1) spanish (4) sport (1) spring (1) stories (1) summer camp (1) tale (1) tarot (2) The fifth one ended up in France (1) tiempo (1) time (1) toronto (1) universo (1) valor (1) viaje (1) vida (2) volver (2) war (1) winning (1) winter (1) woman (1) writer (1) zilia castrillon (1)