Sunday 1 January 2012

A Toast

Do you have something to regret about? There are people who's answer is "no". I don't belong to that group. I have plenty of regrets. And in this time of the ending year, when balances jump over our faces, those regrets, my regrets, are ready to torture me more than ever.

But then, having a wild dream of using a magic wand that would allow me to go back in my past and change anything I would want, I also find myself with the paradox that my worst choices, mistakes and fails, have caused in some mysterious ways, the best things of my life.

So, as weird as it could sound, especially for me, if I could have the power of that magic wand, I would be afraid to eliminate the worst and in the same time erase the best. I would be afraid of change also the tiniest thing of my past.

This revelation doesn't get rid of my torture, but … makes it more tolerable. So, let me propose a toast in this year that is ending and the next that is comming:

A toast for our achievement and our mistakes,
for our best and worst choices,
for our success and fails,
for what we built and we destroyed,
for our loves and our hates,
for our joys and our sorrows,
for our heroic acts and our betrays,
for the ones that we have saved and the ones that we've killed,
for our heaven and our hell,
in short, a toast for our prides,
and for our regrets...

chin chin!

by © Viviana Gomez on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 9:40am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Translator


It is your same moon, but upside down.

Tag

abandono (1) adios (1) alas (1) almas (2) amantes (3) amor (13) amore (1) amro (1) angel (1) arena (1) assignment (1) astrologia (1) baby (1) bocas (1) book (1) breakheart (1) Chris Van Allsburg (1) clandestin (1) come back (1) competition (1) corazon (2) corazon roto (1) cruz (1) cultura (1) dancing (1) dark (1) dealing (1) destino (1) dios (1) dream (1) egipto (1) elixir (1) empanadas (1) ending (1) english (2) espanol (1) esperar (1) espiritualidad (1) fantasy (1) following (1) future (1) gods (1) haiku (4) half room (1) heart (1) heartbreak (1) hebeblue (1) humanity (1) jesus (1) journalism (1) journey (1) juntos (1) love (10) lullaby (1) luz (1) magia (1) magic (1) mancias (1) mar (1) medio ambiente (1) meditacion (1) memories (1) moon (1) mother (1) mysteries (1) noche (1) Orinoquía (1) paisaje (1) paranormal (2) parent (1) park (1) partir. (1) photographer (1) poem (1) pride (1) psicologia (1) recuerdos (1) regreso (1) relaciones (1) relatiomship (2) relationship (2) relationships (1) religion (2) religion. (1) repulgue (1) roomates (1) runner (1) salteña (1) ser (2) shadow (1) snow (1) sombra (1) spanglish (1) spanish (4) sport (1) spring (1) stories (1) summer camp (1) tale (1) tarot (2) The fifth one ended up in France (1) tiempo (1) time (1) toronto (1) universo (1) valor (1) viaje (1) vida (2) volver (2) war (1) winning (1) winter (1) woman (1) writer (1) zilia castrillon (1)